This person must have experience in consultative sales and must understand various call center sales techniques, CRM systems and should have proven experience building sales related training.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
• Knowledge of effective consultative sales approaches and resources to train these skills.
• Strong knowledge adult learning principles, methods, and techniques.
• Problem solving and organizational skills.
• High degree of flexibility and ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Effectively communicates with multiple levels of leadership.
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Professional demeanor and attitude.
• Must be willing to travel for weeks at a time.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Facilitate training to ensure consistent and complete understanding of the programs.
• Planning, coordinating and conducting training for new and existing personnel.
• Assess and monitor the progress of learners during training.
• Coach and develop learners for improvement and retention.
• Identify performance gaps, root cause, and provide solutions to training peers.
• Research and answer inquiries from learners to improve knowledge and understating.
• Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of training based on learner feedback.
• Attend weekly conference calls, workgroups and other meetings.
• Other duties, as assigned.
The trainer role is responsible for classroom time and is considered the leader in the organization at that time. New hires will report to the trainer and payroll will be approved through the training function for the duration of training.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SoFi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SoFi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SoFi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Social Finance (SoFi) is a finance company that offers a range of lending and wealth management services. The company primarily caters to early-stage professionals and offers variable and fixed rate parent, personal, and MBA loans, mortgage refinancing, and more.
Based in San Francisco, California, the company was founded in April 2011.